2.5 ah Bwttery won't Charge.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Attempted to charge the battery MN BA1400. First attempt, solid green light. Second attempt, flashing red light. Attached battery to blower and ran for 15 seconds. Attempted to re-charge, blinking red light, removed then reinserted, solid green light. I do nt have a spare charger or battery to determine the defective unit.
Photo of Ken Hoellger

Ken Hoellger

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Ken, is the battery fully depleted? If the battery isn’t at least partially discharged the charger will refuse to top it up.
Photo of Ken Hoellger

Ken Hoellger

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would assume its depleted if it runs for 15 seconds
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sounds like a call to Ego Customer Service is in order. Call early in the day to avoid long wait times.
Photo of cjs1948 .

cjs1948 .

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The suggestion to put a battery that won't charge in the refrigerator overnight absolutely worked.  I'm shocked, but there you have it!
Photo of Seth Hynes

Seth Hynes

• 72 Points
I am having the same problem - battery is clearly depleted (trimmer will not even run with it in), battery shows a red light. I put it on the charger and the charger just stays solid green.
Photo of cjs1948 .

cjs1948 .

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The suggestion to put a battery that won't charge in the refrigerator overnight absolutely worked.  I'm shocked, but there you have it!
Photo of Seth Hynes

Seth Hynes

• 72 Points
For some reason putting my battery next to my lettuce doesn't sound too appetizing nor does it sound like a long term solution :-/

Tech Support... here I come!