2.0 battery or charger not working

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: My battery charger won't work

Battery shows its out of power but charger shows a full charge. I had just finished two sessions with the trimmer, cutting then charging. When I plugged the battery to the charger after the second cut, I did't hear the hum that I am used to hearing. Everything has worked great until this. Let it sit overnight and no change. Solutions?
Photo of Dane Williams

Dane Williams

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Dane, does the battery still power the tool, or does it flash red?
Photo of Dane Williams

Dane Williams

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is flashing, but it's a fast intermittent flash - not the steady flash it has done in the past. It does not power the tool.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If the battery is flashing red, quick flashes and then slow flashes, the battery is defective. I had a defective battery sent to me by a forum member that was doing the exact same thing. I had him send it to me instead of him recycling it in case there were any good cells that could be repurposed.

Looks like it's time to give Ego a call and get a warranty replacement. :-)
Photo of craig

craig

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 1 year old battery not working.

I bought a blower last year and worked great and used it this winter and now the battery won't work at all Won't charge won't light up won't do anything. Is this under warranty ? When in the charger the 25% light flashes but that's it. Won't charge the battery.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.