2.0 AMP battery will not charge

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
I plugged in my 2.0 AMP battery after using it in the mower. IT will not charge, the light binks green, yellow, then red and the charging cycle never starts up. The charger reads full even though the battery is dead.
Photo of Sandra Klein

Sandra Klein

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,350 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If it is inside the 3 year window contact CS...otherwise you are shopping for a replacement...final option is contact Interstate Battery local store...as they may be rebuilding these units...I know they rebuild power tool batteries
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 70,270 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sandra, you are using the 2 ah battery in your mower? Is this the only battery you have? As well, I would recommend using a minimum 4ah battery with your mower.
If the battery/mower are less than 90 days old and you bought it at Home Depot you can return it all for return/exchange. Otherwise, give customer service a call even if you are outside of warranty. Note that battery and charger warranty is 3 years but call even if outside of 3 years. Best to call early in the day. Hoping all of your equipment is registered on EGO's website as that will make it easier to work with them.
They can be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

@Paul, is Interstate Battery an authorized EGO repair center? That's a new one on me if so.
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,350 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
No...if your battery finally runs out of warranty...a dead battery could be by rebuilt by anyone...couldn't it?

I know I have been running rebuilt Milwaukee M12, Sears 15.6 and 18 volt batteries in tools and finally rebuilt 12 volt batteries for my portable grease guns...all done by my local Interstate battery store
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Well, true, but I was just wondering if it was so there might be another authorized place besides HD for warranty work.
Photo of james

james

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Try the following: make sure the connections on the battery and charger are clean. Use can air if you have it! If you have a rapid charger you can reset the memory on the battery. Unplug the charger from the wall and place the battery on the charger and plug the charger into the wall. A surge of power will go through battery and reset the memory. Good luck.
Photo of Sandra Klein

Sandra Klein

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It works just a dirty connection.