18 inch chainsaw chain replacement

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Solved
I recently bought the new 18" chainsaw with a 5.0ah battery. The saw is great! Cannot say enough about the saw's functionality. Where it lacks is replacement chains. Has anyone tried to replace the chain on the 18" saw? I don't really care about what happens on the 14" or 16" because the 18" is different. I am currently corresponding with support, so I will update this post with any information, but in the meantime was hoping someone could offer a solution. 
The manual says it comes with an Oregon chain (part number 91PX062X) but I can't seem to find that Oregon chain anywhere. Can I just replace this chain with any other 18" bar chain that has a 3/8" pitch and 0.05" gauge? I think it is a 62 tooth chain (based on the "62" in the part number, I have not counted).
Thanks for the help.
Photo of Mike Tober

Mike Tober

• 70 Points

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,574 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
This looks like a good site to check. They offer free shipping so that's nice. 
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,350 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
And to demonstrate what a good deal Mike found for you...check out prices at Lowes...:)
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oregon-18-in-Replacement-Chainsaw-Chain/1176115
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
To be fair, your lowes link is a 2 pack, LOL.

I do like supporting specialty shops, and they still beat the price, so +2 for them.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 68,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, and the price at the link I provided goes down a dollar per chain if you order 2 chains.
Photo of Travis

Travis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
had the same question and contacted oregon tech support and this is what they emailed me:

Replacement Bar for 18" ego chainsaw: Oregon 180SDEA041
18" replacement chain: Oregon 91PX062G