15" Trimmer on order

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Lost somewhere? Well my parents ordered me the 15" Trimmer on May 27 from Home Depot in Scottsbluff, NE. So far it hasn't showed up. Called CS and they have no idea if it departed a warehouse, if its on a truck or when it will arrive. This will be my first EGO to test on a farmstead with an assortment of vegetation to do battle with. I used my neighbors walk behind gas weed trimmer today. It took about 15 pulls to get it started, then the fumes choked me even with my oxygen turned to 5L. Pushing it around is difficult hitting my oxygen bottle bag then lower back and shoulders are very sore. Maybe EGO would consider making one of these? I don't have the funds for the SP mower, still trying to sell my gassers.
Photo of JAS

JAS

• 1,472 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of JAS

JAS

Jennifer, no emails yet from wherever you sent mine too. Now to rake up all the cut grasses will take a few hours. Hmm, maybe a EGO rake, just push button and it rakes by its self.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I guess your parents didn't get a tracking number with the shipment notice? Have they gotten a shipment notice, or just an order confirmation?

To be fair to HD, it's only been two business days since the order was placed... the 27th was the Friday of a holiday weekend and Monday was the holiday. Also, with the Ego battery promotion running I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little backed up on orders.
Photo of JAS

JAS

They went into the store so must have some paperwork. BA, true, should give them more time, but CS didn't seem to know anything. At least they gave my Dad the extra battery. I still have rolls of Husqvarna line I could try in it too.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
JAS, did your parents order the string trimmer online while in the store?  I'm a little lost.  If they ordered it, there should be paperwork with order information.  Blue has a point.  It's only been a couple days and it may not have processed yet with the holiday delay and sales.  Also, what do you mean "no emails yet from wherever you sent mine too"?
Photo of JAS

JAS

Jennifer, they ordered it in store at customer service. Today my mom was told it will be in by the 7th. I called this evening and was told their warehouse is empty and that it won't show up until the 20th! It was paid for 5/27.

You had stated that I would be contacted via the email I registered with. Testing their tools on my farmsted while on oxygen.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Spraying thistle today hurt pumping the 3 gallon sprayer when needed. Maybe a EGO Sprayer could be whispered to your group?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I want one!!!
Photo of JAS

JAS

That'd have a adjustable brass tip, brass wand and replaceable seals. The 3 Gallon container should be marked at 1/2 gallon clearly on the outside. I shall test this for them this summer.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How old are your "gassers"?   How much are you asking?  How are you advertising them?

I sold all 3 of my 2 and 4 cycle garden equipment--each one to the first person to see them.  I cleaned them up to immaculate condition, advertised on Craigslist, and each one quickly sold for my asking price.  I got $200 for a 14+ year old Honda mower as an example.   If your equipment is in good shape, priced right, and advertised to a wide enough audience it should sell.   If it's all "junk" then you may be stuck with it or have to give it away.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Dave, I have a Husqvarna 326, Craftsman 32cc and a Poulan Pro 338 with Pole saw and Edger attachments. Also 2 craftsman SP mowers but they need their engine swapped so the newer one works better.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Order confirmation H3210-3792 on 5/27. They can't even get their eta the same each time they're called.

JAS, we don't control the ordering/processing/tracking at Home Depot.  You need to talk to them to find out what's going on.  We only control orders placed with our customer service team.  We're really sorry we can't help more but this is out of our hands.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Jennifer, OK. I just called them and now they say it will be Tuesday of next week. My huge yard is getting away from me. Maybe a loaner SP mower and 16" chainsaw to get this homestead tammed?
Photo of JAS

JAS

Today I called the store in Cheyenne, Wyoming, they have 3 Trimmers on the shelf plus the display unit. So I called the store in Scottsbluff, NE and asked for the manager, explained my situation and asked for him to do a inner store transfer. He agreed, said it should be a couple days. So do to not being able to test the EGO 15" Trimmer as needed before trying to buy more of their products before the battery special I lost out on a extra battery for a SP mower (if) I were able to get one. I know, just venting, but upset and sore after trying to start one of my gasser weed trimmers. Might try and get my gasser SP mower started, leaked fuel real bad so all the lines must need replaced. So may try that early tomorrow morning before the temp gets in the 90's.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Just received the 15" Trimmer today. Charged both batteries, so will test it tomorrow. Photos and video of it in action on over grown weeds and more possible if interested.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Let's see it rip!  :-)
Photo of JAS

JAS

OK, but for safety reasons I'll be wearing more then just a thong!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

My eyes thank you in advance...  :-\
Photo of JAS

JAS

Here are some before and after photos. Don't know if this system will allow video upload do to the 2 mb limit.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Here is the chicken coop B/A.
Photo of JAS

JAS

This will be video of first use if upload works. Won't work, its 100+ megs to over 1 GB per video. Maybe Jennifer knows where she would like it uploaded too?

By the way, I'm very impressed with the EGO 15" Trimmer. Do I need to register my Trimmer, Charger and 2 batteries for warranty?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Wow, great job JAS!

If you got it as a kit with the free battery, make sure to enter the KIT part number, that will prompt you to register the tool, battery and charger all at once. I would imagine you'll have to register the extra battery separately.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You have to upload to youtube. Dang JAS. LOOKING GOOD BUDDY
Photo of JAS

JAS

Thanks y'all, recharged both batteries a few times. Used two bottles of oxygen while using the trimmer, very tired still but will do more tomorrow. I don't have YouTube account to upload too.

This looks great JAS.  Thanks for sharing the images.  Powerful stuff here!
Photo of JAS

JAS

I narrate through out the videos on how the trimmer is handling and cutting the over growth. Also photos of assembly I'll post today. On my way for round two against the over growth.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Here is today's battle against the weeds.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Photo of JAS

JAS

This took me a few hours with 15" Trimmer. You can see even the very thick green was cut down, I was using my Husqvarna Titanium. 095 line, it cut much better and lasted longer then the original line. I do have more on video too, wish I could upload all them for you to view.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Upload the videos to YouTube and post the links here.
Photo of JAS

JAS

Ken, I don't have YouTube account. My security won't allow upload their. I tell you what, glad I had extra oxygen tanks in the truck, being 50+ don't help either I guess but that's a lot of work.
(Edited)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I would imagine almost any video hosting site you have access to would work for posting a link. I'm not sure what type of security restrictions you have, but here is a list of some reputable business-oriented alternatives to YouTube:

8 Best YouTube Alternatives For Business Video Hosting
http://resources.goanimate.com/market...

Just don't upload your video to some shady site no one has heard of that for all we know could be hosted offshore somewhere by Somalian pirates.
Photo of JAS

JAS

$199 a year! Ouchie, I can't afford anything on disability but thanks. I did such a awesome job from "Open box" to weed abaidament narrative.
(Edited)
Photo of JAS

JAS