15" String Trimmer ranked #1 out of 11!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
If you are interested in comparing different string trimmers, Pro Tool Reviews ranked EGO as #1 out of 11 in their comparison.

Here's a link to read all about it:  http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/best-battery-powered-string-trimmer-shootout/2...
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of sglaesman

sglaesman

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Great comparison!
Photo of BigC

BigC

• 950 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I could have told them that it's the best. :)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,550 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
1. Surprised to see the Echo trimmer is attachment capable, but there are no attachments available. Kinda defeats the purpose!

2. Surprised to see the 80v Kobalt/Greenworks duo limited to 0.080" line. Makes me wonder how much power they actually have. Since the thinner line is much easier to move through the air, it's no surprise they are more efficient... they're doing less work for a given amount of time.

3. Ego is quieter than all the other trimmers. The only one quieter is the Makita when running in low speed "Eco" mode.

4. Greenworks (and probably Kobalt in the future) offers a 4Ah battery, but it seriously affects the ergonomics and balance of the tool.

Congratulations Ego for making a class leading string trimmer, even when judged by professional use standards, and offering it in a kit that's more affordable than most of its competition! No wonder I love using mine so much! :-)
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,368 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
When i looked at the echo, the attachment capable connection had a screw in it that made it appear that it wasn't attachment capable, they just wanted to use the same coupling
Maybe they changed it now. Seemed like a huge oversight to me.