1200 to 1300 CFM Dual Battery Backpack Blower

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
So I have been thinking about heavy duty cleanups and backpack blowers that the professionals would like, and I know that the pros will want 200mph air speed for scouring wet leaves that are buried slightly in the soil, and one way to do that would be to use a traditional centrifugal design, and another way would be to use a fan that has blades that go in very deep through the tube, blades that are 10+ centimeters broad, and with a roughly 45 degree angle pitch. A fan that covers six inches of tubing would be able to handle much more restriction than a fan with narrow blades. There are two ways to get that 200mph air speed. A way to get to 1300CFM is to use two separate fans, each on a separate motor in separate tubes, so it would either be a double barrel backpack blower, or an ambidextrous backpack blower with a tube and throttle on the right and another tube and throttle on the left, the left one would be powered by a battery on the left, and the right one would be powered with a battery on the right, and they both can be powered simultaneously with both batteries installed. Each one would do 600CFM or more at 145mph or more, allowing for a total of 1200CFM or more, making it the backpack blower that can move the most air out of all of them.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Now THAT has me licking my chops.  I would probably pay dearly for a beast like that.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

So would I. I know that one doing 1200+ CFM at 145+mph would require quite a bit less power than the one doing 800-1000CFM at 180-220mph
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I do know that you can also use a design similar to that of the Husqvarna 580BTS and the RedMax EBZ8500, which each use about 3.3 kilowatts to get 908 CFM at 206 mph. The centrifugal design would support the use of larger brushless motors which would have the ability to handle that kind of current, which is about 65 amps at 50.8 volts, the nominal voltage of the 56V packs. From a burshless motor, however, you will probably need much less power to get those same or similar specs. Either way, 2 7.5Ah packs would run an electric equivalent to a Husqvarna 580BTS for about 20 to 30 minutes. The pros like the 200mph speed for scouring and just moving generally stubborn debris and cleaning out edges, particularly immediately after a big storm passes such as the one we just had down here, I saw two guys with STIHL BR600 Magnums struggling to get freshly mowed grass off of a wet sidewalk. So if ever you decide to start making stuff for the professionals, that would be one way to go.  The ambidextrous/double-barrel 1200-1300CFM backpack blower would be great for homeowners with large properties or pros who need to do fall cleanups without gas.

Scorpion makes some RC helicopter motors that can handle 5.3 kilowatts, so I know that motors such as that needed for the centrifugal backpack blower exist.
(Edited)
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Wonder if Tesla will make a backpack for this battery!
Tesla Powerwall
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It better have 3-4 sets of shoulder straps so the whole family can help you carry it around! Lol
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

How much does the LB6000 weigh with the 5Ah battery? 14lbs? (it weighs about 17.4) Both of these would weigh around 28lbs, roughly the same as a 580BTS with fuel in the tank.  Besides, EGO might be able to run with one or more of these ideas and come up with a way to put it in a lighter package than 28lbs. One guy should be able to carry this, especially if it is padded as well as the 580BTS is. Also, they test the durability of the 580BTS by having guys in the factory drop it from 3 meters again and again and again.
(Edited)