1 year old, now flashing lights and shuts off after a couple seconds, cold, fresh battery clean underside

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
worked fine a week ago, today put in charged battery and when started immediately shut back down flashing orange green.
have tried calling customer service a couple times still waiting for a callback
Photo of mark pirkle

mark pirkle

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 6,786 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Had a similar problem after I had cleaned the deck of my LM2101 mower and installed a newly sharpened blade.   The mower would seem to want to start, but couldn't and the orange light flashed on and off rapidly.

THE PROBLEM was that I had re-installed the white fan blade upside down!   

There is no sign on the fan which side should face out as there is on the mower blade.

When I reversed the fan blade, the mower started right away!

The EGO is smarter than me.   

Once I had it installed properly - the mower worked fine!

Also check to be sure handle is fully extended and the locking clips are fully engaged.   Several people have had that problem.  
Photo of mark pirkle

mark pirkle

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Never took anything off and checked the handle clips
As well as tried different positions of the handle tilt
Photo of Nun Ya

Nun Ya

• 72 Points
White fan blade? Do you have a pic Sibyl?
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 6,786 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It is the round white plastic fan that fits on the bolt just over the mower blade.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Identical problem to my own and like Mark I did not take anything off or installed anything onto the mower. I did check the handle clips but am most aggravated with lack of customer support. I have finally been told to take it back to Home Depot. I am not optimistic, but will see how this barely two year old product is treated.