***NEW Rear Motor Edger Kit Available!***

• Announcement
  • Updated 1 month ago
We are thrilled to announce that the EGO lineup has expanded once more with a fabulous new Rear Motor Edger! With this tool, making clean and precise edges is a cinch. 

Check it out here: https://goo.gl/jeYVaL
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,428 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Excited

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 49,424 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sweet, glad EGO did this.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 69,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nice addition to the line up. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 164,780 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sweet! Any idea whether this tool has the same motor and power as the Powerhead version?

Hint: I tried to look it up but the manual link directs to the attachment manual. ;-)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 37,250 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The correct manual is on the HD site.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Will it be available as tool only? Price seems a bit steep with battery and charger (I don't need either).
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 52,554 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Typically Ego tools seem to come out as kits first, then are available later as bare tools.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

I do wish they could do both at the same time. I'll be patient. LO L.
Photo of WAYNE W WAKEEN

WAYNE W WAKEEN

• 60 Points
The people most likely to buy another tool to add to the lineup are those who already own EGO products.  If they own EGO products, they DON'T NEED THE FULL KIT.  To make present customers wait to be able to buy the bare tool is just plain silly.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 11,862 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I got it without that battery and charger - and love it fwiw

Mine is the powerhead model, if theres any difference, and I got the string trimmer attachment - which I find I like way better than the stand alone trimmer.
I find it more controllable.
(Edited)
Photo of Lee Herren

Lee Herren

• 60 Points
I do hope the tool only becomes available (item ED0804).  I have the string trimmer as a stand alone tool and REALLY want the edger as a stand alone tool as well.  I'm not a fan of the multi-tools.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 69,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Don't take it apart and you have yourself a stand alone edger.  At $129 I do not think you are going to get it much cheaper.  That is how I looked at it when I originally purchased it.  

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Power-Head-Edger-Bare-Tool-Multi-Head-E...

Then the hedge trimmer attachment came out and wow is it a great bonus.  Fantastic for trimming tall bushes without climbing on a ladder.

https://www.rcpw.com/equipment/ego-power-heads-and-attachments/HTA2000.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2o_fBRC8AR...

Photo of MichMan

MichMan

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Does this have any different features than the edger attachment with the swap-able powerhead version? and if not why would you want this when the other version is the same price for a bare tool and can be used with other attachments?
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

I wish mine would get here - been about a week since I ordered it.....
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,158 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sorry if this is a "dumb" question, but, what is a rear motor versus non-rear motor? (motor at cutter versus up at handle?)

What is the power head edger categorized as?

Thanks
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 52,552 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, motor up at the top of the handle rather than down at the bottom. I think that allows room for a bigger motor.

The power head system has the motor up at the top of the handle with a drive shaft running down the length of the tool.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

Good - I bought the new edger/power head couple month back and wanted to make sure it wasn't already obsolete.

OMG - Reminds me, this past weekend I used the power head, extension, and hedge trimmer to manicure our magnolia tree that is almost 20' tall and I had no more potential energy left in me but the tree looks great. I'm sure I saved at least 2/3 the time it would have taken using the bypass cutter on my pole saw.

Mike 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 52,552 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm so looking forward to trying out the hedge trimmer attachment, but our delayed spring means nothing is ready to trim yet.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

Yeah, I’m in the Chicago area and caught this tree just as it was flowering. Once it gets leaves no chance to get to the top.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Get it on homedepot now - the head with the edger at a very good price - but best get it now before they raise it
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Got my edger and power head today - but not the string trimmer attachment which I ordered about 10 minutes later - lol

$129 is a helluva deal (power head and edger) - peeps up in here better jump on it before they figure it out and correct it.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 8,718 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I ordered one Sunday. Got another email today from Home Depot saying it will be here Thurs May 10.

Home Depot has the worst shipping always a week or more.
Photo of Lehigh Lawn Pros

Lehigh Lawn Pros

• 3,462 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
It appears that they ship directly from the manufacturer,
my EGO products all shipped cross-country from California
to SW Florida. And you're right Erik it took at least a week for mine as well.
Free shipping though, so I can't complain.

Bob
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 8,718 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yeah free shipping is a plus, I must just be unlucky any product I have ever ordered from HD that isn’t in store(ship to store) has always taken over a week.